Hello St. John’s Families!
I wanted to let you know about four opportunities coming up to serve the church and the wider community:
- Acolyte Training – We’ll be holding an acolyte training session this Sunday, November 12, after the 10am service (11:15am-11:35am). The training shouldn’t last longer than 20 minutes. Whether you’re sure that acolyting is for you, or you’re still skeptical, this is a great way to learn more. Any young person in 4th grade or older can sign up to be an acolyte! We also want you to go ahead and sign up to serve during the next few Sundays. You can SIGN UP ON THIS SCHEDULE. For more information on acolyting, see this earlier post and this guide.
- Parish Dinner – There will be an all parish dinner on November 15th at 6:00pm in Thaxter Hall in connection with this year’s stewardship campaign. All of the Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers are invited to make dessert together and help serve at the dinner. We’ll meet in the kitchen of Thaxter Hall at 4:00pm. This is a great opportunity to help make this dinner happen and give back to the community!
- Service Sunday – All High School and Middle School youth are invited to join together on Sunday, November 19th, at 9:30am to go to Operation Blessing to help prepare Thanksgiving baskets for families who need them. This is a great way to give to the community, to express our gratitude for the gifts we have by giving our time to others. We’ll leave as a group from the St. John’s parking lot, so try to be on time!
- Crossroads “Welcome-Home” Kits – We’re still collecting items to donate to families housed by Crossroads. All donations can be placed in Thaxter Hall, on or by the white bench. Here’s the list of what we still need:
- Kitchen size trash can
- Pots and Pans: frying pan, small and large saucepan
- Dish soap
- Can opener
- Shower curtain and rings
- Towels (bath, hand and washcloths)
- Queen Sized Bedding (pillow, sheet set, blankets)
- Alarm clock
- Small vacuum cleaner/carpet sweeper
- Laundry detergent
- First aid kit
- Welcome Mat
- Wall Calendar
- Expandable file folder or small portable file box and folders for paperwork
If you have any questions about any of this, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me (email@example.com).